Car hire Malaga airport
Fuerte hoteles

Sevilla monuments

Alamillo bridge
Alamillo bridge was constructed from 1989-1992 by architect Santiago Calatrava. The bridge has a single upward arm supporting its weight.
It is without any doubt one of the most outstanding buildings which were built in Seville for the Expo '92 fair.

Barqueta bridge
Barqueta bridge of Seville was constructed from 1989-1992 to provide access to the Expo '92 fair. It was designed by the engineers Juan J. Arenas and Marcos J. Pantaleón as a suspension bridge, which is supported by a single overhead beam. It spans 168 m.

Isabel II bridge
Isabel II bridge of Seville was built in 1847-1852 by the French engineers Bernadet and Steinacher, to replace the former boat bridge of 1171. It is a fine example of 19th-century iron architecture.

Expo'92
Sevilla featured the World Exhibition of 1992, coinciding with the celebrations for the fifth centenary of the discovery of America, on the Cartuja peninsula. On the Expo site have remained the Cartuja monastery, a technology park and the Isla Magica theme park.

Cartuja monastery
Isla de la Cartuja s/n, Sevilla
Opening hours:Tue-Sat 10:00-20:00; Sun 10:00-15:00
The Cartusian monastery of Santa María de las Cuevas is situated on the right bank of the Guadalquivir river. Due to the abundance of clay, numerous pottery kilns were installed during the Almohad dynasty of the 12th century. On these grounds a Cartusian monastery was built in the 15th century with the name of Santa María de las Cuevas (Caves).

Santa Ana church
Plaza de Santa Ana, Sevilla. 427 13 82.
Opening hours: Mon-Sun 20:00-20:45.
Outside the city wall and often flooded by the river, Triana has long been a secluded quarter of Seville. It has traditionally been a working-class district, famous for the bullfighters and flamenco artists that came from its gypsy community. Pottery manufactures produced large part of the Andalusian azulejos (tiles).

Macarena
c/ Bécquer 1, Sevilla. 95 437 01 95.
Opening hours: Mon-Sun 9:00-13:00 + 17:00-21:00.
Macarena basilica is a modern church, built between 1936 and 1941 by architect Gómez Millán in Neo-Baroque style.

Cathedral
Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes, s/n.
Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 11.00-17.00, Sundays 14.30-18.00.
The Cathedral of Sevilla was constructed between 1401 and 1507 and it is the largest Gothic and third largest church in the world. The area where the cathedral was constructed was used by the Romans, the Goths and the Moors. The original foundation was constructed by the Roman on which the Goths build a temple. Under the Moorish dominants a mosque was build wherefrom the Giralda tower still remains.

Giralda
Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes, s/n.
Opening hours: Monday-Saturday 11.00-17.00, Sundays 14.30-18.00.
The Giralda tower was the minaret of the old Moorish mosque and dates back to the 12th century. Today the Giralda forms part of the tower of the cathedral. The tower measures about 98 meters and was in a long period the highest building in the world.

Royal Palace Alcazares
Plaza del Triunfo, s/n.
Opening hours: Tuesday-Saturday 9.30-20.00, Sundays 9.30-18.00.
The construction of this palace started in the era of the Taifas reigns in the 11th century and was expanded by different Moorish kings. After the Christian re-conquest Fernando III introduced important changes with gothic elements and Pedro I partly rebuild large parts of the palace in mudejar style.

Archbishop Palace
Plaza de la Virgen de los Reyes, s/n.
This palace located next to the Cathedral is from the 17th century and was built in a baroque style. Of special importance is the doorway designed by the famous architect Juan Talavera.

General Indian Achieve
Avenida de la Constitucion s/n.
This Renaissance building from the 16th century originally was used by merchants. In 1785 it became the main archive relating to the discovery and trade with Latin America. It holds more than 40000 dossiers about the Indians and Latin America.

Golden Tower
Paseo de Cristóbal Colon, s/n.
The Golden Tower was constructed by the Moors in 1222 and originally formed part of the tower walls. The name has its origin from the golden ceramic tiles, which originally made up its front.

The Bullfighting Ring 'la Real Maestranza'
Paseo de Cristóbal Colon, 2.
This bullfighting arena from the 18th century is one of the most famous bullfighting rings in the world.

Plaza de España
Maria Luisa Park, s/n.
This impressive construction made by the architect Hannibal Gonzalez was build for the Iberian-American Exposition in 1929. Plaza España forms a semi-circle around a lake with two towers in both extremes. Between the towers the building is decorated with great ceramic ornaments, which symbolize all the different provinces of Spain.

San Luis church
c/ San Luis, Sevilla
Opening hours:Wed-Thu 9:00-14:00; Fri-Sat 9:00-14:00 + 17:00-20:00.
San Luis church was built from 1699-1730 in Sevillian baroque style

Santa Cruz church
c/Mateos Gago, Sevilla
Opening hours:Mon-Sun 9:30-11:00 + 19:00-21:00
Santa Cruz church of Seville was originally located at the Plaza de Santa Cruz. It was destroyed by the French in 1811 and therefore moved to the former church of the Clérigos Regulares Menores del Espíritu Santo, where it is located today. The building of the church started in 1665 by the architect José Tirado in Baroque style. The church was completed in 1728.

Columnas de Hercules
In the 16th century, a former branch of the river Guadalquivir was dried, and on its grounds the tree-lined Alameda Promenade was built. An entrance of two marble columns was established, which proceeded from a nearby Roman temple of the 2nd century.

Town Hall
Plaza Nueva, 1.
The town hall, which is the seat of the town council, was built in renaissance style in the 16th century. The façade, which also contains gothic elements, was reconstructed in the 19th century.

Casa Pilatos
Plaza de Pilatos, 1.
This palace is a clear example of a residence of the Sevillian nobility of the 16th century. Casa Pilatos is said to be a copy of the palace of Pontius Pilatus in Jerusalam wherefrom it has its name. In the construction are used elements like mosaics from the Romans ruins of Italica.

Salvador church
Plaza del Salvador, s/n.
This church was constructed over the main mosque from the 9th century. After the re-conquest of Sevilla it was converted into a church. It was reconstructed several times and the church as it stands today was inaugurated in 1712.

Italica
Avenida de Extremadura, 2.
This was the place where the Romans settled down in the 3rd century b.c. Here you can find ruins and pieces of Roman architecture from 3rd century b.c to the 2nd century a.c.